YWCA Tech Connect Info Session | FREE Program for Newcomer Women in Tech
Are you a newcomer woman with experience in Tech?
Need help breaking into the industry in Canada?
Join us for an intake session to learn if Tech Connect is the right program for you.
COVID-19 Update: Intake sessions and workshops will be offered online. Please register via Eventbrite and we will contact you to set up a one-to-one info session meeting.
YWCA Tech Connect a FREE 10-week program that will help you secure a rewarding career in tech. Learn how to navigate the Canadian job market and receive coaching and mentoring from industry professionals.
- No fee to participate
- A confidence-building, supportive environment
- Learn how to navigate the Canadian workplace culture and minimize the challenges faced by newcomers
- Five weeks of employment-related workshops focused on the innovative tech industry
- Five weeks of mentorship and employment coaching
- Access to tech networking events and guest speakers
- Up to six months of follow up support
- Access to additional YWCA services, including YWCA Health+Fitness Center
- Financial assistance for transit and childcare top-up based on eligibility
PARTICIPANTS MUST BE:
- Immigrant or refugee women with background and experience in IT (Information Technology)
- Legally entitled to work in Canada: permanent residents, confirmed refugee status, or live-in caregivers
- Unemployed or precariously employed and able to participate in the program
- Proficient in English (CLB level 6 or higher)
PLEASE ENSURE YOU ARE ABLE TO PROVIDE THE FOLLOWING:
- A copy of your PR card/landing paper
- 2 picture IDs (preferably your driving licenses that has your address and Date of Birth)
- Your SIN number
- Copy of your resume
PROGRAM STARTS: April 6, 2020
To learn more, contact email@example.com or 604.219.8525.