Yoga Nidra - Last Saturday of the Month
The class will begin with gentle flow warm-up and/or restorative postures followed by Yoga Nidra.
Yoga Nidra is a deep form of relaxation and self-discovery and can be described as a form of guided meditation. It is a practice that takes place reclining on the floor, in which you are guided to the threshold between waking and sleep. Focusing our mind on one area of the body at a time, we create awareness of any physical tensions and subconscious thought patterns that we are holding onto. By being attuned to this awareness, we can begin to relax physical tensions, change undesirable thoughts and behaviours and allow ourselves to experience the true nature of our being.
During yoga nidra, we learn to disconnect ourselves from distracting sensory stimulation and behaviours. Like the sound of a ticking clock in a room, when you are open to hearing the sound without fighting it, you allow yourself to naturally transcend the sound. The clock may remain, but it no longer disturbs you. In this same way, yoga nidra helps restore the mind and senses, bringing back their innate ability to see and resolve stressful situations or difficult emotions, thoughts and feelings.
- Please arrive on time or 5 minutes prior to class.
- Please advise of any injury, medical condition or limitations before the class starts.
- Please maintain a neutral body odour, and refrain from wearing perfume, cologne or any scents out of respect for other students who may have any allergies or sensitivities.
- Please turn off all cell phones and electronic devices before entering the studio.
- Mats and props are provided, however you are welcome to bring your own yoga mat.
- Please wear comfortable, layered clothing.
This class is intimate by design and only 8 spaces are available. Please book your space early.