Writing workshop to get your ideas from your head onto paper and then onto something real and tangible.
Writing workshops will consist of collaborative writing.
All kind of writers are welcome to join. You can bring a song, joke, script, short story, sheyar, poem as long as it is something you want to work on improving.
Here are the rules:
- This gathering is a sacred space where what is discussed stays in the room. This is a very personal process and we all draw from our own lives and confidentiality is key to making this work. It can be intimidating to share your thoughts with others which is why mutual respect and understanding is important.
- Writers will take turns having the floor for an equal amount of time as the "showrunner" of their piece.
- When you have the floor, you will get the chance to present the stage of writing you are at present or some of your actual work and/or a specific question or creative problem you are stuck on, then we will give the group a chance to add their feedback. When you are not the showrunner with the floor, you are listening and giving feedback to your peers.
- We will repeat this process with every writer present at the table.
- All ideas resulting from the process are 100% the showrunner's to decide what to do with and 100% of the outcome of writers' room is solely their own and owned by them.
- The point of the workshops is not to showcase finished writings but to work on developing pieces of writing.