Winter in Hokkaido - A Tasting Menu by Shōjō Izakaya - Valentine's Day 2020
This Valentine's Day, the chefs at Shōjō will be orchestrating a 10-course tasting menu themed around the winter city of Hokkaido, Japan.
Hokkaido, Japan is the second largest and most northern main island of Japan however the cuisine can vary greatly depending on where you are on the island. On the coast, you can expect to find fresh seafood and further inland, dairy farming is popular which is why Hokkaido is famous for their dairy products. Our goal with this dinner is to introduce guests to a few of the culinary specialities of Hokkaido with both ingredients from Hokkaido and locally, from Canada.
Unfortunately, dietary restrictions cannot be accommodated for this particular event.
"Winter in Hokkaido"
1) Zensai (Amuse Bouche)
2) Sea Urchin on Hokkaido Milk Toast
3) Tartare of Lamb, bone marrow emulsion, shallot, egg, yuzu.
4) Yakitori Trio (Chicken heart, salmon belly, shishito pepper)
5) Oysters served 2 ways, raw on the half shell & baked.
6) Genghis Khan Lamb Gyoza
7) Seared Hokkaido scallops, kabocha (Japanese winter squash) puree, brown butter ponzu.
8) Sapporo braised beef short rib, confit potato.
9) Creamy Uni Bucatini
10) Dessert Duo, Hokkaido cheese tart & Mille Crepe Cake
*Menu subject to change