Volunteering as a Newcomer (Bloor-Gladstone)
Are you new to Canada and want to learn more about volunteering? This information session will focus on the benefits of becoming a volunteer along with a clear overview of how to get started.
Discover how to search for and apply to volunteer positions, and what to expect along the way!
This 1.5 hour interactive workshop will cover:
- The benefits of volunteering
- How volunteering is integral to Canadian culture
- The types of volunteer roles available and the commitments they require
- The best ways to practice English and meet new people while volunteering
- How to use Volunteer Toronto's online search portal
- How to apply for volunteer roles and what to expect during screening
- How to use and develop skills by volunteering
- How to network and gain Canadian references through volunteering
Past participants have said:
- "The "Volunteering As a Newcomer" session really gave me the information I need to be able to find a suitable volunteer position."
- "Thank you for all the information and resources. I now know what I need to do to be able to volunteer."
- "I'm excited to find a volunteer role. Thank you for this presentation."
Facilitator: Karen, Volunteer Ambassador
Accessibility: This workshop takes place in a wheelchair accessible space.
*Please remember to bring your own pencil or pen.
We look forward to seeing you there!
Questions? Please contact:
Dennesha Burke, Non-profit Engagement Assistant
416-961-6888 ext. 221