Vegan Wine Pairings with Jennifer Huether MS and Priya Rao
With the growing popularity of plant-based dining, more vegan wines and foods are available than ever before. To introduce you to the new possibilities, Canadian Master Sommelier Jennifer Huether and local broadcaster and vegan connoisseur
The tasting list includes the following pairings:
- Astrolabe Province Marlbrough Sauvignon Blanc (New Zealand), with Guacamole & Chips
- Carmel Road Pinot Noir California (USA), with Mushroom Tart
- Lenz Moser Prestige Gruner Veltliner (Austria), with Channa Masala
- Masi Montepiazzo (Italy), with Lemon Pasta with Roasted Pine Nuts and Rapini
- Tawse Quarry Road Organic Riesling (Niagara), with Coconut Brie on little Toast Crackers with Grapes
- Cave Spring Indian Summer Riesling (Niagara), with sticky toffee pudding
Afterwards, we will host a short reception featuring a selection of vegan wines and snacks.
About Jennifer Huether
Jennifer began studying wines 20 years ago when she took a personal interest course at George Brown College. Inspired, she soon pursued further studies and graduated at the top of her class in at the International Sommelier Guild and moved on to earn the Diploma of Wine and Spirits from the Wine and Spirit Education Trust, and then accreditation in the Advanced Sommelier Program in London, England. With intensive education and training, Jennifer passed the Court of Master Sommeliers — Master Exams and became Canada's first female Master Sommelier.
She worked for Canadian-owned Cliff Lede Vineyards based in Napa Valley, and for seven years she ran one of Canada's top wine programs at Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment in Toronto, spanning over six restaurants and overseeing a multi-million dollar beverage program while mentoring 11 Sommeliers. For four years, she worked for Jackson Family Wines.