Tyrell Maas Oxford County Pride Leadership Award
PRIDE LEADERSHIP AWARD
The Tyrell Maas Memorial, Oxford Pride Leadership Award nominations from January 10, 2019 until the deadline of April 30, 2019 at 4:00 P.M. Thank you to all of the applicants. The award decision is scheduled to be complete and presented in June 2019.
The Tyrell Maas Oxford Pride Leadership Award is presented to a secondary student who exhibits outstanding service to, and is actively involved in leadership activities in, his/her community. Nominees must be in grade eleven, or twelve attending a secondary school or the equivalent located in the parameter of Oxford County, ON. The award recipient will receive a certificate accompanied by a $500.00 financial award to be applied to post secondary institution for the recipient’s education and/or a recognized charity of their choice. The Tyrell Maas Oxford Pride Leadership Award is generously funded by the Tyrell Maas Memorial Fund and Oxford County Pride Committee.
Award Selection Process:
The Oxford County Pride Committee will assess each nomination. Consideration will be given to community participation, leadership contributions, personal challenges and/or financial hardships.
The Tyrell Mass Oxford Pride Leadership Award will be presented annually at the Oxford County Annual Pride Family Day Event in the month of June.
• The Oxford Pride Leadership Bursary honours an Oxford County area high school student for accomplishments and contributions the nominee has made to the community; whether at home, school, religious institution, athletic or academic team, or another social group.
• Specifically, the nominee's contributions must include leadership that has supported tolerance and acceptance of Oxford County and the surrounding area’s lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, transsexual and two-spirited people, their supporters, or any community group represented under the diverse Rainbow banner.
• Demonstrate a commitment or significant contribution to developing tolerance and acceptance of Oxford County gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, transsexual and two-spirited people, their supporters, or any community group represented under the diverse Rainbow banner.
• Consideration will be given to academic performance and personal or financial hardship.
• The opportunity is not exclusive to the LGBT+ community but created to recognize leadership and community contribution.
• Two letters of reference 1) From a teacher/principal/guidance/school personnel. 2) Personal reference non-family related. References are to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly identified in the subject line with your name. All references must accompany the application process via email.
• 500-word essay see application
“Tyrell Mass” Oxford Pride Leadership Award Application
All applications must be submitted no later 4:30 pm April 1, 2019 via email to: email@example.com
Attending Secondary School:
Reference Letter Contact Information:
Name of Reference #1
Phone contact reference #1:
Email Contact Reference #1
Name of Reference #2:
Phone Contact Reference #2:
Email Contact Reference #2:
Tyrell Mass Oxford Pride Leadership Award
Format: Must be typed in 12” font, double spaced
In 500 (no more then 700) words please describe your attributes, and accomplishments that you see as qualifying you for this award include examples or activities and organizations you have been involved with; volunteer work; school groups/activities; community activism participation. If you wish you may also share how you have demonstrated resiliency with overcoming your own personal challenges, mental health issues or financial hardship. Share one or more examples of how you have contributed to Oxford County LGBTQ+ community. Any additional achievements, individual strengths, future goals and aspirations are also areas of consideration. You may attach your resume as additional information.
All applications must be submitted no later 4:30 pm April 30, 2019 via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Next Week · 3–10°C Mostly Cloudy
Market Street, Woodstock, Ontario, Canada