Toronto ScrumMaster Clinic - December 2019
ABOUT THIS SESSION:
Location: Centre for Social Innovation (CSI) – 192 Spadina Ave (3rd floor) Wheelchair accessible venue.
ABOUT THE TORONTO SCRUM MASTER CLINIC:
Scrum Master clinics provide a health check for both experienced and newly practicing Scrum Masters. Facilitated by experienced practitioners and coaches (or facilitators with particular knowledge or skills to share) the clinic is a place to come to share your chanllenges, offer ideas, listen and learn, and become rejuvenated in your work.
• Each clinic runs for one and half hours and is restricted to twelve participants.
• The clinics are facilitated by two or more facilitators, coaches or mentors from the Toronto Agile community.
• Each clinic will use a discussion and learning backlog which is populated by those in attendance, based on their practical needs at the time.
The ScrumMaster Clinic initiative began in London in July 2017 and has quickly spread to other cities around the world. To hold the spirit of the original London clinics the founders offer these seven principles, which, if embraced, will act as guiding agreements for any new clinic.
1. The clinics will always be free, but voluntary donations can be collected to cover room costs and refreshments.
2. Each clinic will have more than one facilitator, to avoid creating a cult of personality, or any form of dependence.
3. Facilitators are volunteers.
4. Facilitators are more experienced than participants, or have particular knowledge or skills to share.
5. Over time, regular attendees will begin to mentor new attendees.
6. Over more time, regular mentors will become facilitators.
7. Anyone can start their own ScrumMaster Clinic initiative whenever and wherever they like, and may or may not embrace these agreements.