Technology Adoption for the Factory of the Future
Over the past decade new technologies have emerged aiming to increase efficiency in the manufacturing process, from robotics and new materials to the use of data analytics, artificial intelligence and machine learning.
For many small and medium sized manufacturers, navigating through this world of new technologies is overwhelming. Spotting opportunities, acquiring accurate information, finding time and money are all challenges with implementing new hardware and processes.
This event will introduce government funding programs and hand-picked vendor platforms to help you identify and fund investments, stay up-to-date and remain competitive. Many local partners and government agencies will be in attendance to share their support capabilities and meet one-on-one with you.
A light breakfast and lunch will be included.
WHO should attend?
- Leaders and decision makers (business and technical) at small and medium sized manufacturers in the automobile supply chain.
- Firms that are studying new technologies or already started implementing new technologies.
- Firms that are looking for programs that help them fund investments in technology that make them more competitive in the automobile industry.
- Firms that work with manufacturers in the supply chain such as logistics providers, are also welcome.
WHAT will you learn and how will you benefit?
- This event will focus on practical content for leaders at small to medium sized manufacturers.
- The objective is to make you think about opportunities in your business and, after the event, take some action on them.
- You will make connections with organizations and technology firms that can help you consider and plan next steps.
- After the event we will stay in touch to see how you’re progressing and how we and our partners can support you.
08:45 – 09:15 Sign-in
09:15 – 09:30 Opening Remarks: Durham Region Economic Development (Invest Durham)
09:30 – 10:10 The Imperative to Leverage Technology to Gain a Competitive Advantage - Speaker: Colin Dhillon, Chief Technical Officer, APMA
10:10 – 10:45 Future of Work: Skills Panel - Our expert panel will help you navigate the challenges related to skills gaps, retention of talent and the changing workplace needs of the "Factory of the Future".
10:45 – 10:55 Break
10:55 – 11:35 Advancements in Technology Adoption: Durham College - Cyber Security and AI Hub; Ontario Tech University
11:35 – 12:20 Funding / Resources Panel (Govt. Organizations and Universities): IRAP, OCE, O-AMP, CME, Durham College, Ontario Tech University
12:20 – 13:15 Lunch Updates (lunch will be provided)
Project Arrow, Autonomous Vehicle Pilot, autonomous Vehicle Innovation Network, Career Ready
13:15 – 13:50 Cybersecurity: Speaker - AJ Khan, Cyber Security Innovation Leader
13:50 – 14:00 Closing comments
14:00 – 15:00 Optional informal networking