Support Team Day 2019
Registration is now open for Support Team Day 2019!
Please note this event is for Niagara College Support Staff. At check out, employees must provide their name and Niagara College email address as proof of employment status.
8:30 am: Doors open & refreshments
9:00 am: Welcome & President's message
9:15 am: Keynote speaker: Michael Jacques
Michael is a young adult who lives and works in the Niagara Region. He is a determined, compassionate and talented individual who has written his first book, entitled Can’t Read, Can’t Write, Here’s My Book. Michael has autism and an intellectual disability and is a passionate public speaker. He has presented to students at the secondary, college, and university levels, as well parents and teachers, about the importance of belonging and inclusion. He sits on the board of Community Living Ontario, through which he advocates for individuals like himself. Michael is an inspiration to many and hopes to write more books and continue to make an impact in the world through his stories.
10:00 am: Break/Travel
10:15 am: AM Session 1 (choose ONE)
11:00 am: Break/Travel
11:15 am: AM Session 2 (choose ONE)
12:15 pm: Lunch
1:30 pm: Travel to PM Sessions
2:00 pm: PM Session (choose ONE)
- AM Sessions are one hour in duration. You may register for two of them (choose an AM Session 1 AND and an AM Session 2).
- PM Sessions are two hours in duration. You may register for one of them.
- All participants must register for lunch if you intend to attend lunch - dietary restrictions (due to allergies, medical or religious reasons) for can be entered within this registration form prior to check out.
- Be sure to dress comfortably and appropriately for your afternoon sessions. If your afternoon session involves physical activity, we encourage you to bring a refillable water bottle.
- Participants who register for PM sessions that have specific instructions (ex. parking, meeting spots, waiver forms, etc.) will be contacted via email in advance of the event with those details.
- Some sessions have capped registrations - register early to get your first choice!
- If you need to change, switch or cancel your registration, please contact CPOD directly (see contact info below). All changes to registration must run through CPOD and the Eventbrite system. Refunds for paid sessions will be issued up to 1 day prior to the event (less a $2.71 booking fee).
- We will be collecting donations of toonies and loonies for the Student Food Bank - please drop donations off at the Registration area. Any donation amount is much appreciated!
As a reminder, you must obtain approval to attend from your manager prior to registering for the event. We expect all support staff who attend the event to register for a full day of programming. If you are unable to attend part of the event (due to operational needs in your department), you must confirm this with your manager and we will reach out to you after registration closes to confirm.
For any general questions regarding the event, please contact Carly Sutherland, Employee Engagement & Events Coordinator: email@example.com OR ext. 7185.
We hope you enjoy your day!
Americana Conference Resort Spa & Waterpark
8444 Lundy's Lane, Niagara Falls, ON, Canada