Spring 2020 Holland Bloorview FIRST Robotics - Junior Program
Ages: 6-10 years old
Junior Level 1 :
This program is designed to engage and motivate children’s’ interest in learning science- and engineering-related subjects. This is done through the use of motorized LEGO models and simple programming. WeDo 2.0 supports a hands-on, “minds on” learning solution that gives students the confidence to ask questions and the tools to find the answers and to solve real-life problems. Students learn by asking questions and solving problems. No prerequisite required.
Junior Level 2:
This program focuses on the technologies that children face today. Every lesson children make a new robot with certain functionality. It starts with a problem that kids should solve using new knowledge, skills, teamwork and creativity. Embedded in this course are coding and more complex robots. Prerequisite : Junior Level 1
Dates: Wednesday 5:30-7:30 pm, May 6 to June 10, 2020
- Children must be the appropriate age to participate in the program or be turning that age during the program. Children participating on a FLL Jr. Team must meet the age requirements to participate in the program.
- Participants must be interested and able to safely and successfully participate in a structured 2-hour large group program.
- Participants must have already identified a way of accessing a computer and/or their speech generating device. This may require an appointment with our Assistive Technology Specialist.
- A family may be required to provide their own 1:1 support before their spot is confirmed.
Participants will be charged the full program fee if they cancel less than one week before the program start date.
What happens after registration?
Register by purchasing your ticket and completing the order form. You will receive a confirmation and receipt in the mail, or a phone call if more information is required. You will be contacted for a participant screening appointment.
- Payments will be processed with your registration confirmation.
- If you are applying for family funding, funding must be received before for start of the program.