SPEAKERS CORNER TOASTMASTERS MEETING
Communications and Leadership
Leadership takes practice. In Toastmasters, members learn leadership skills by organizing and conducting meetings and completing projects. The projects address skills such as listening, planning, motivating, and team building and give members opportunity to practice them in a safe environment. Just as Toastmasters members improve communication by speaking, they learn leadership skills by leading.
Members learn how to:
- Plan and conduct meetings
- Present one-to-two minute impromptu speeches
- Present prepared speeches based on Toastmasters' communication and leadership program such. Projects cover topics such as speech organization, vocal variety, language, gesture and persuasion.
- Evaluate and receive evaluation who points out speech strenghts and offers suggestions for improvement
- Give better sales presentations
- Hone their management skills
- Work better with fellow employees
- Develop and present ideas more effectively
- Offer constructive criticism
- Accept feedback more objectively
With Toastmasters, the potential is unlimited.