SAFe® 5.0 Advanced Scrum Master (SASM) Certification Training in Toronto
What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?
Toronto downtown event locations are close to public transportation and train stations. There are several parking facilities available near the event venues.
New Agile Training is not responsible for parking fees.
What can I bring to the event?
Please come with an open mind, participatory spirit and lots of energy.
Is my registration/ticket transferrable?
Yes, you may transfer your ticket to another participant up to 7 days before the class.
Please contact us at email@example.com for more information.
Can I update my registration information?
Yes, you will be able to correct or change your e-mail or name during the class.
(Note: We must have the correct spelling of your name and e-mail address for the certification and exam registration)
What is the refund policy?
Refunds up to 30 days before the event
Eventbrite's fee is nonrefundable.
What if the event has been cancelled?
In case of a class cancellation due to inadequate enrollment or other circumstances, students can select from the next available scheduled class.
Please refer to
The name on the registration/ticket doesn't match the attendee’s name. Is that okay?
Yes, we will be able to change it during class.
How can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance and any related questions.
As people who have experience in the industry, we know how important it is to continuously upgrade your skills. We have high standards of quality to ensure that we deliver what you need, when you need it, in a location that is convenient for you. We also know that not everyone learns in the same way. If you are interested in training for yourself or for your organization, we will use relative examples that will help you understand how to use the material in real-life situations.
We believe that teachers shape the future, which is why we choose people with real-world knowledge and experience to help you learn the material. Our trainers focus on providing information in an engaging way that enables you to remember what you’ve learned.
SAFe® Advanced Scrum Master (SASM)
Advancing Scrum Master servant leadership with the Scaled Agile Framework® with Certified SAFe® Advanced Scrum Master
This two-day course prepares current Scrum Masters for their leadership role in facilitating Agile team, program, and enterprise success in a Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe®) implementation.
The course covers facilitation of cross-team interactions in support of program execution and relentless improvement. It enhances the Scrum paradigm with an introduction to scalable engineering and DevOps practices, the application of Kanban to facilitate the flow of value, and supporting interactions with architects, product management, and other critical stakeholders in the larger program and enterprise contexts. The course also offers actionable tools for building high-performing teams and explores practical ways of addressing Agile and Scrum anti-patterns in the enterprise.
Job role description/target audience
A Certified SAFe® Advanced Scrum Master (SASM) is a Scrum Master responsible for improving team results through the facilitation of cross-team interactions and relentless improvement.
Key areas of competency
- Identifying and solving team anti-patterns
- Improving value flow using Kanban and engineering practices
- Supporting Program-level execution
- Using problem-solving and advanced coaching techniques to drive relentless improvement
Course Information & Learning Goals
To perform the role of a SAFe® Advanced Scrum Master attendees should be able to:
- Apply SAFe principles to facilitation, enablement, and coaching in a multi-team environment
- Build a high-performing team and foster relentless improvement at scale
- Address Agile and Scrum anti-patterns
- Support the adoption of engineering practices, DevOps, and Agile architecture
- Learn to apply Kanban eXtreme Programming (XP) frameworks to optimize flow and improve the team’s work
- Facilitate program planning, execution, and delivery of end-to-end systems value
- Support learning through participation in Communities of Practice and innovation cycles
What Attendees Get
The class registration includes:
- Attendee workbook
- Preparation and eligibility to take the SAFe® 5 Advanced Scrum Master (SASM) exam
- One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform
- Course certificate of completion
Attendees must attend both days of the course in order to qualify for the exam.
All are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience.
However, having one or more of the following certifications is highly recommended for those who intend to take the SAFe® 5 Advanced Scrum Master (SASM) certification exam:
- SAFe® 5 Scrum Master (SSM) certification
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) certification
- Professional Scrum Master (PSM) certification
Completion of this course gives you access to the exam and all related study materials as part of your Learning Plan in the SAFe Community Platform.
Exam & Certification Details
Exam prerequisite skills
- Experience working in a Lean-Agile environment
The first step toward becoming a Certified SAFe® Advanced Scrum Master is to attend the SAFe® Advanced Scrum Master course. This is a requirement, because attending the course provides access to all the study materials and the exam. Note that attending the course does not guarantee passing the exam.
- Exam name – SAFe® 4 Advanced Scrum Master Exam – or – SAFe® 5 Advanced Scrum Master Exam
- Exam format – Multiple choice; Multiple select
- Exam delivery – Web-based (single-browser), closed book, no outside assistance, timed
- Exam access – Candidates can access the exam within the SAFe Community Platform upon completion of the SAFe® Advanced Scrum Master course
- Exam duration – Once the exam begins, candidates have 120 minutes (2 hours) to complete the exam
- Number of questions – 60
- Passing score – SASM 4 = 42 out of 60 (70%); SASM 5 = 44 out of 60 (73%)
- Language – English
- Exam cost – First exam attempt is included as part of the course registration fee if the exam is taken within 30 days of course completion. Each retake attempt costs $50.
- Retake policy – Second attempt on exam (first retake) can be done immediately after first attempt. Third attempt requires a 10-day wait. Fourth attempt requires a 30-day wait.
Exam study materials
The exam is designed to measure knowledge and skill related to the job role. We highly recommend candidates use a variety of resources to prepare for this exam including:
- Course materials – The course materials are an essential artifact from the course and can be downloaded from the SAFe Community Platform. These materials can be used to refer back to the content that was presented during the class.
- Study guide – This comprehensive guide details the job role and all resources related to the exam, including a detailed reading list. Access is available through the Learning Plan in the SAFe Community Platform upon course completion.
- Practice test – The practice test is designed to be predictive of success on the certification exam,* and it has the same number of questions, level of difficulty, and time duration. It is part of the Learning Plan in the SAFe Community Platform and can be taken an unlimited number of times at no cost. *This is not the actual exam, and passing it does not guarantee success on the certification exam.
- Sample Questions – A web-enabled, flashcard style version of the sample questions can be found online and in the study guide.
What you get
- Becoming a Certified SAFe Advanced Scrum Master requires an exceptional range of skills and is a career path for many scrum masters. Certification includes:
- Certified SAFe® Advanced Scrum Master PDF certificate
- Certified SAFe® Advanced Scrum Master digital badge to promote the accomplishment online
- One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform, which includes access to the SASM Community of Practice
- Access to Meetup groups and events that provide connections to other Certified SAFe Professionals
- A variety of learning resources to support certified professionals during their SAFe journey