Power BI Online Training - One on One with Instructor
One on One Virtual Training - Power BI Beginner
In this online Microsoft Power BI training, the participant privately interacts with the instructor to complete hands on activities: the participant will learn to build and share interactive reports and dashboards.
Microsoft Certified Professional
Our Ottawa-based instructor is certified by Microsoft, as a skilled professional in Business Intelligence Reporting.
Managers, business analysts, report consumers
Course Learning Outcomes
- Master the Power BI Service environment
this interactive report using Power BI Desktop application
Technical Requirements for Power BI Online Course
Participant must have access to 2 screens: using a laptop and a monitor is adequate.
Participant must install free apps on his/her computer: Power BI Desktop and Zoom.
During this virtual private course on Power BI, the participant is guided through practical exercices at his/her own pace. Participant's desktop can be shared with the instructor to resolve issues.
Start and End times are flexible as per the participant's preferences.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a private online training on date/time not currently offered.
Detailed Course Outline
1. Master Power BI Service
- Understand the Power BI terminology
- Differentiate reports and dashboards
- Edit interface settings
- Navigate through Home, Favorites, Recent, Apps, Shared with me and Workplaces
- Interact with a report : use filters, slicers, sort order, export, print, publish to web, etc.
- Use storytelling tools: bookmarks, spotlight, focus, tooltip etc.
- Collaborate and share with an App Workspace
- Ask a question about your data
- Build a dashboard
- Format dashboard tiles
- Add an image tile
- Review Web display versus Mobile Display
- Set a featured dashboard
- Share with individuals
- Publish an app to share in Powe BI Service
2. Build a report with Power BI Desktop
- Explore the Desktop application
- Import an Excel file
- Use Power Query Editor
- Import a Text file
- Transform data: remove lines, use first row as header, remove columns, extract text using delimiters, replace values, set data types, rename fields and queries
- Add relationships between tables
- Edit fields data type, aggregation, categorization and sort by order
- Create visualizations: bar chart, column chart, treemap, gauge, KPI, slicer, map
- Customize visualizations: format axis, title, color theme, header
- Insert visual elements: image, text box
- Use gridlines to position charts
- Move and resize visualizations
- Add analytics to charts
- Create and use a hierarchy
- Edit interactions between visualizations
- Add report pages and duplicate pages
- Add page filters
- Explore Quick Insights in Power BI Service
- Differentiate calculated columns and measures
- Create a New Quick Measure
- Create measures with functions: SUM, DIVIDE, CALCULATE, TOTALYTD, SAMEPERIODLASTYEAR
- Publish to Power BI Service
Learn more about us, visit
How can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Email at email@example.com or text/call 819-635-6564
What's the refund policy?
Refunds up to 7 days before event, Eventbrite's fee is nonrefundable.
Can I update my registration information?
Email any changes at firstname.lastname@example.org
Is my ticket transferrable?
Yes. Email request at email@example.com