PALS Renewal + BLS Provider - Feb 21
Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) Renewal with Basic Life Support (BLS) Provider
(One-Day Recertification course)
The Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) course uses a series of hands-on skill stations and simulated pediatric emergencies to reinforce the important concepts of a systematic approach to pediatric assessment, high-quality basic life support skills, advanced life support treatment algorithms, effective resuscitation, and team dynamics. The goal of the PALS course is to improve the quality of care provided to seriously ill or injured children, resulting in improved outcomes.
Our certified PALS instructors are a combination of nurses, physicians and respiratory therapists with backgrounds in pediatric emergency and critical care.
Our course provides two distinct credentials to participants who successfully complete all components of the course:
- Heart and Stroke Foundation (HSFC) Basic Life Support (BLS) Provider status, and
- Recertification of Heart and Stroke Foundation (HSFC) or American Heart Association (AHA) Pediatric Advanced Life Support Provider status.
(1) RN, RPh, RPN (currently working with pediatric patients), RRT, MD, DDS, PCP/ACP/CCP, IMG, (or)
(2) Completion of a mandatory pre-course assessment (included in tuition fee),
(3) Previous PALS Provider status (paper copy must be submitted during course check-in), and
(4) Current knowledge and skills in Basic Life Support (BLS) (infant/child/adult)
Basic Life Support Requirements
Participants who do not sucessfully complete the BLS component of this course will not be eligible for PALS Provider status.
Course Materials and Required Preparation
Mandatory pre-course preparation is required for admission to this course. Please to go our website for essential information:
Kevin Middleton, RRT, BSc, MEd
Emma Wyatt, MBBS, FRACP
Please note that the following Cancellation Policy applies to this course:
• Requests to withdraw from a course (cancel registration) can only be completed through the Eventbrite registration system. Please go to
• Refunds will be made according to the date of the request based on the following timelines:
More than 3 weeks before the start of the course = 100% of tuition will be refunded
Between 2-3 weeks before the start of the course = 75% of tuition will be refunded
Less than 2 weeks, but more than 1 week before the start of the course = 50% of tuition will be refunded
1 week or less before the start of the course = No refund
Please note that the registration processing fee (Eventbite service charge) is subject to Eventbrite's Refund Policy.
• If you are unable to attend the course, a friend or colleague can be substituted in your place at no additional charge.
• To transfer to an alternate course date, you must withdraw from the course that you originally registered for and complete the registration process for the course date that you want to attend. Course withdrawal conditions listed above apply.
- No refunds will be issued for withdrawals requested 1 week or less prior to a course. No refunds will be given for “no shows”.