Celebrate Mississauga at Mississauga Celebration Square
Follow us on Twitter @MCSEvents
We want to hear from you! This is a space to share your comments, critiques, questions and suggestions.
By posting to our Facebook channel, you agree to:
- Stay on topic: We encourage a thoughtful discussion on our Facebook page, but all comments should be relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Keep comments in good taste and be respectful: We prohibit any comments that contain profanity, discriminatory remarks or lewdness; abusive or offensive to an individual, group or organization; false identities or profiles; and spamming.
- Keep yours and other’s personal information private: Do not post your addresses, phone numbers, email addresses or other contact details.
- Do not use our channel to solicit or advertise non-City of Mississauga organizations, products or services.
We hope to accept the majority of your comments. We will however hide/delete comments at our discretion and without notice if they violate our community guidelines. Repeat violations may also cause you to be blocked from our Facebook page.
The City of Mississauga recognizes that social media platforms are important for communicating and engaging with residents. In order to provide a space that is open and friendly, users on our channels must agree to the following Terms of Service http://ow.ly/GKYK304tfmq.
This policy seems fair to us - this is a friendly place. Facebook has detailed terms and conditions which will always rule over our policy, and if you are interested you can read the whole thing here: http://www.facebook.com/terms.php
Located adjacent to Mississauga City Hall in the heart of downtown Mississauga, Celebration Square is an outdoor public square and state-of-the-art multi-media event venue complete with a permanent main stage amphitheatre. There is also a interactive water feature in the summer months that transforms into Mississauga’s largest outdoor skating rink each winter.
Celebration Square hosts a dynamic mix of free events and festivals throughout the year. The summer season offers an eclectic variety of events, including weekly movie nights and fitness classes, concerts, a Canada Day Celebration, food truck rallies, festivals and much more. From November to March, visitors to the Square can enjoy skating on the city’s largest outdoor rink, as well as celebrate at the annual lighting of the Square and New Year’s Eve events.
In 2014, Celebration Square was visited by over 580,000 people, with visitors enjoying more than 55 events held over 143 days.
RULES & REGULATION
When visiting the Square, we encourage you to:
- Enjoy the Square, including playing in the fountain and skating on the rink.
- Play on the lawn, keeping in mind the safety of those around you.
- Keep it green: clean up after yourself and don’t forget to recycle.
- Walk your dog on a leash, and clean up after it.
Square guidelines prohibit:
- Commercial activity, except by permit
- Distribution of food/beverages, except by permit
- Amplified sound
The City of Mississauga does not issue permits for demonstrations, rallies and vigils. If you are planning a demonstration, rally or vigil, please contact the Security Services Operations Centre at 905-896-5040 or email@example.com
Click here for demonstrations, rallies and vigils rules and regulations.
For information on events as well as demonstrations, rallies, vigil rules and regulations, please visit http://www.mississaugacelebrationsquare.ca