Arnprior & District Humane Society is a non-profit, humane no-kill shelter serving the Ottawa Valley. We protect animals by offering food, shelter and veterinary care to those in need.
The Arnprior & District Humane Society Social Media Acceptable Use Policy
The Arnprior & District Humane Society (ADHS) uses Facebook to promote its goals and objectives and to disseminate animal welfare information through the community it serves.
The ADHS recognizes that the goals of social networking are best served through a free exchange of thoughts and ideas, even if they are critical of the ADHS and our work.
The ADHS also recognizes that use of its site is a privilege and not a right and that it has a responsibility to ensure that its sites are not used to spread false information, abuse or other malicious content.
This policy clarifies what is acceptable and unacceptable use of ADHS social media sites.
1. Animal stories
2. Animal welfare information and opinion
3. Pet “tips”
4. Opinions about the ADHS, its programs, services and policies, including criticism.
The ADHS will respond to the following content:
1. Incorrect or misleading information about the ADHS, its programs, services and policies.
2. Incorrect or misleading information about animal care and/or welfare.
3. Incorrect or misleading information about our partners
4. Specific complaints about the ADHS, its program, services and policies will be responded to by directing the writer to the ADHS Board of Directors.
The following content may not be acceptable and may be removed:
1. Where the ADHS has attempted to correct misinformation about the above and this has been unsuccessful due to repeated and or belligerent posting of the misinformation.
2. Specific complaints about the ADHS, its programs, services and policies where the writer demonstrates that he or she does not wish to seek a resolution.
4. Information or links to external content that has not been reviewed by the ADHS.
The following content is not acceptable and will be removed:
1. Racist, sexist and homophobic language.
2. Overtly sexual content.
3. Threatening, foul or abusive language.
4. Malicious content.
5. Personal or confidential information.
6. For-profit content or content posted for personal gain.
Repeated posting of content in contravention of this policy may result in the removal of the privileges of the poster from ADHS facebook page
A no-kill animal shelter