P3O Practitioner 1 Day Virtual Live Training in Hamilton
P3O is the Axelos standard for the design of decision-making processes regarding changes in organizations. P3O provides a guideline for the design of portfolio, program and project offices in organizations.
The P3O Practitioner Course is an interactive, classroom-based learning experience. The course covers the curricula of both foundation and practitioner level. The P3O Practitioner level content provides you with sufficient knowledge and understanding of the P3O guidance to design, implement, manage or work within any component office of a P3O model. It enables participants to successfully complete the associated P30 Practitioner exam and achieve the qualification.
In this course, you will be prepared to successfully attempt the P3O Practitioner exam and learn how to implement or re-energize a P3O model in their own organization.
● Introduction to P3O
● What is the purpose of P3O?
● What are P3Os
● Portfolio, programme and project lifecycles
● Governance and the P3O
● Designing a P3O Model
● Factors that affect the design
● Design considerations
● What functions and services should the P3O offer
● Roles and responsibilities
● Sizing and tailoring of the P3O model
● Why have a P3O
● How a P3O adds value
● Maximizing that value
● Getting investment for the P3O
● Overcoming common barriers
● Why have a P3O (Extension)
● The P3O Business Case
● The P3O Model Blueprint
● Vision Statement
● Demonstrating the Value
● The Benefits of Claimed Capabilities
● Benefit Realisation and Strategic Objectives
● Benefit Profile
● How to Implement or Re-Energize a P3O
● Implementation lifecycle for a permanent P3O
● Implementation lifecycle for a temporary programme or project office
● Organizational context
● Definition and implementation
● How to operate a P3O
● Overview of tools and techniques
● Benefits of using standard tools and techniques
● Critical success factors
● P3O tools
● P3O techniques
● Define a business case to get senior management approval for P3O.
● Build a right P3O model to adapt to the organization’s needs, taking account of the organization’s size and portfolio, programme and project management maturity
● Identify the elements, roles, and functions deployed in a generalized P3O model.
● Use tools and techniques in running the P3O and advising those who shape the portfolio of programmes and projects.
● How to operate a P3O Roles
● How to operate a P3O Tools and Techniques
● Practitioner Exam prep
Who can Attend?
P3O Practitioner qualification is targeted for those who:
● Aspire to join a portfolio, program, or project office environment.
● Are new to a portfolio, program, or project office environment.
● Consider deploying or reconfiguring the P3O model.
● Are involved to delve into optimization of the strategic decision making.
Roles might include:
● (Portfolio) Managers
● Program Directors
● Senior Members of a Portfolio, Program, or Project Bureau