NISP® Canada - Circular Economy Workshop (Surrey)
The NISP® Canada team invite you to participate in our next Business Opportunities Workshop in the City of Surrey, as part of the Canadian National Industrial Symbiosis Program (NISP®). This initiative aims to develop innovative resource management solutions and generate triple bottom line benefits to companies based in the Metro Vancouver region.
This workshop aims to:
- Find ways of turning waste by-products into valued resource inputs.
- Reduce waste management costs.
- Generate new business opportunities.
- Increase the size and diversity of your business network.
- Identify means of improving environmental performance.
- Expand the regional circular economy and drive innovation.
- Networking breakfast.
- Welcoming remarks, keynote speaker, and overview workshop format.
- Round-table idea generation and resource matching (1.5 to 2 hours).
- Recap of the day’s achievements and synergies discovered.
- Light lunch with additional networking and to launch post-workshop follow-up by NISP® practitioners.
Over 30 regions around the globe have used NISP® events to help tens of thousands of businesses boost revenues, reduce costs, and improve environmental performance.
The principle behind Industrial Symbiosis is simple: Instead of being thrown away or destroyed, surplus resources generated by a manufacturing or 'maker' process are captured and then redirected for use as a new input for another process by one or more other companies, providing a mutual benefit or symbiosis.
These mutually profitable links are not restricted to materials. Other potential linkages can be based on such resources as: energy, wastewater, transportation, warehousing and expertise.
If you want to build your business network, achieve cost savings, generate sales from new markets, and contribute towards creating an environmentally sustainable economy - register now!
After the workshop, participants will receive reports regarding matches made during the workshop.
Practitioners will provide FREE follow-up to move ideas into business realities.
Who has attended NISP® Canada workshops?
Past workshops participants include:
BCIT, Douglas College, Faculty Brewing, Fraser River Pile & Dredge Inc., Geocycle, Kruger, Lush Cosmetics, Naturally Crafted, New West Gypsum Recycling, NORAM, Pace Chemicals Ltd., Port Metro Vancouver, Purdy's Chocolatier, Royal Printers, Superior Tray Systems, Univar, Vancouver Airport Authority, Voltberg Controls, Weyerhaeuser.
What Did They Say?
'Industrial symbiosis presents a great opportunity to reduce our ecological footprint while improving our business efficiency.'
- J. Thwaites, LUSH Cosmetics
'NISP® has shifted my view of waste from being a liability to being an asset.' - V. Chiu, World of Walas
'Found the event very useful and gratifying; it gave me options to find solutions.' - M. Lozano, Faculty Brewing Co.
'Found ways to improve our products by using other’s waste streams.' - S. Dean, Milepost Manufacturing Ltd.
The NISP Canada Team
Surrey City Hall
13450 104 Avenue, Surrey, BC, Canada