Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) Provider - Apr 14 (Cancelled)
About the Program
Training in the Neonatal Resuscitation Program is a three-step process including:
(1) Self-directed learning using the Textbook of Neonatal Resuscitation - 7th Edition,
(2) Successful completion of an on-line knowledge exam, and
(3) Attendance at a day-long classroom session for hands-on skill development, practice, and testing.
Our NRP instructors are a combination of nurses, physicians, respiratory therapists, and midwives with substantial newborn care experience.
During our NRP courses, participants learn and work together as members of a neonatal resuscitation team. All participants must learn and practice in the various roles of a neonatal resuscitation team.
- Covers Lessons 1-11 of the 7th Edition of the Neonatal Resuscitation Program.
- Includes: principles of resuscitation, initial steps of resuscitation, use of resuscitation devices, chest compressions, endotracheal intubation, laryngeal mask airway insertion, umbilical venous cannulation, medication administration, special considerations, and resuscitation of preterm infants and ethics and care at the End of Life.
- Requires successful completion of a Basic or Advanced Integrated Skills Assessment (practical test) according to the participant's legal scope of practice and practice setting.
(1a) MD, RM, RN, RPN, RRT, GRT, PCP, ACP, CCP, NP, PA, or IMG (or)
(1b) Student - Midwifery (Level 2/3/4) or Student-Medicine/Nursing/Respiratory/Paramedic (currently enrolled in final year of studies), and
(2) Completion of the 7th Edition online examination prior to attending the classroom session*, and
(3) Adequately rested (Not on service in the 8 hours preceeding the course) and physicially well enough to be able to fully participate in the course.
* A paper copy of your NRP Online Exam Certificate of Completion must be submitted during course check-in.
NRP Course Details and Preparation
For essential details on how to obtain materials and to prepare for your classroom session, please use the following link:
Andrew Latchman, MD, FRCPC
Kevin Middleton, RRT, BSc, MEd
Please note that the following Cancellation Policy applies to this course:
• Requests to withdraw from a course (cancel registration) can only be completed through the Eventbrite registration system. Please go to
• Refunds will be made according to the date of the request based on the following timelines:
More than 3 weeks before the start of the course = 100% of tuition refunded
Between 2-3 weeks before the start of the course = 75% of tuition refunded
Less than 2 weeks, but more than 1 week before the start of the course = 50% of tuition refunded
1 week or less before the start of the course = No refund
Please note that the processing charge/service fee is payable directly to Eventbrite and is subject to their refund policy.
• If you are unable to attend the course, a friend or colleague can be substituted in your place at no additional charge.
• Transfers to a future course date can be requested up to 3 weeks before the start of the course. To transfer to a future course, please email us and include your order number and the course date that you would like to attend. Transfers are subject to availability.
Please note that the registration service fee/processing charge is payable to Eventbrite and is subject to their refund policy.
• No refunds will be issued for withdrawals requested 1 week or less prior to a course. No refunds will be given for “no shows”.