Breathwork Journey ~ An Active Meditation
✨ Experience Heightened states of consciousness with the support to heal, inspire, and transform ✨
WHAT IS BREATHWORK?
Conscious Connected Breathing ~ an active meditation. You will be guided into the somatic experience of the body, connecting left and right hemispheres of the brain, bringing in present moment awareness. The parasympathetic state occurs here, and life force energy is activated. The body's wisdom speaks. Breathwork is a powerful vibrational medicine, where we remember our true selves. This work changes lives!
- Introductions and intentions
- Breathing demonstration
- Instruction and practice the technique
- Breath Journey - hands on support if needed
- Beautiful Music
- Sound healing, aromatherapy, light body work, and guided meditation assist in finding presence and integrating energy and emotions in the body
- Closing, share reflections
You will be in a laying down position on your back with pillows and blankets to be comfortable.
BENEFITS of BREATH WORK:
- Increase oxygen, lung capacity, blood flow, and diaphragm capacity
- Organ massage and detoxification
- Release tension, stress, trauma, pain, and old patterns
- Deep Healing (access parasympathetic state)
- Open energetic channels and chakra centres
- Clarity, Insights, Creativity, and New Perspectives
- Elevate mood
- Increase body awareness ~ enjoy your body more
- Increase Emotional Intelligence
- Impoved Relationships - with self and others
- Change your life!
REGISTRATION AND PAYMENT
- Tickets are available for purchase here on Eventbrite
- Early Bird Tickets are $45 until a week before the event date
- Regular price $50
- 14 available spaces ~ often times these workshops sell out
- If you are a patient of Dr. Jan, receipts may be claimed through extended health plans.
WHAT TO BRING:
- Wear comfortable clothing
- Water bottle
- Small pillow/towel to support the neck (optional - some extra onsite)
- Journal (optional)
- Yoga mat (optional- some extra onsite)
CONSCIOUS CONNECTED BREATHING:
This is a grounded and activated technique. On the spectrum of breathing practices, it is more intense than passive meditation, and less intense than Wim Hof method and Halotrophic practices. We do not forcefully evoke catharsis, but release of emotion is invited. We teach self regulation and nervous system regulation: how to expand the capacity to hold your own energy, emotion, sensation, and increase your stress threshold (that means less stress! :)
Dr. Janice Sutherland is a Naturopathic Doctor, also trained in Bowen Therapy and Breathwork Facilitation. She has been leading group breath circles in the Vancouver area since 2017. This somatic therapy has been life changing for her and her patients. She is a synergiser, using techniques learned through Conscious Connected Breathwork, Integrative Body Psychotherapy, Bowen Therapy, Tantra, Naturopathic Medicine, and Shamanic Practices. She does indivdual sessions at her home office in Burnaby, The Art of Sauna in Burnaby, or at your home. Email for an appointment.
About Pure Roots Integrative Health
To learn more about breath work: