Management of Value (MoV) Practitioner 2 Days Training in Halifax
This 2-day interactive MoV Practitioner course provides a modular and case-study-driven approach to learning Management of Value (MoV). The core knowledge is structured and comprehensive; and well-rounded modules cover the methodology and various techniques. A case study is used to help appreciate the relevance of MoV in its practical application.
● Function Analysis
● Customer FAST Diagram
● Value Tree Development
● Weighting Attributes
● Paired Comparisons
● Developing a Value Profile
● Developing a Value Index
● Value for Money Ratio
● Stimulating Innovation
● Value Engineering
● Option Evaluation and Selection
● Evaluation Matrix
● Value and Value for Money
● Timing and Planning
● Teams and Stakeholders
● MoV in the Organization
● Integrating with Best Management Practice
● Relationship between Process and Approach
● Apply Management of Value (MoV) principles, processes and techniques, and advocate the benefits of this application appropriately to the senior Management.
● Develop a plan of MoV activities for the whole lifecycle of small and large projects and programs.
● Plan an MoV study, tailoring it to particular projects or programs and developing practical study or workshop handbooks as required.
● Understand and articulate value in relation to organizational objectives.
● Prioritize value drivers using function analysis and use these to demonstrate how value might be improved.
● Quantify monetary and non���monetary value using the Value Index, Value Metrics and the Value for Money ratio.
● Describe and comment on the application of various techniques relevant to MoV.
● Monitor improvements in value realized throughout a project lifecycle and capture learning which can be transferred to future projects.
● Offer suggestions and guidance about embedding MoV into an organization, including policy issues, undertake a health check, assess maturity and competence, and provide guidance on typical roles and responsibilities.
● Understand and articulate the use of MoV within other Best Management Practice methods and its contributions to them.
● MoV practical exercises
● Recap Day 1
● MoV practical exercises ctn.
● MoV discussion topics
● Recap Day 2
Who can Attend?
The course will be of benefit to all levels of management including:
● Corporate Managers – responsible for instigating MoV studies with a view to starting new programmes or projects
● Programme Managers – responsible for making sure programmes deliver the best value solutions taking into account the views of the stakeholders
● Project Managers – responsible for delivering products from their projects that represent the best value for money solutions
● Operational Managers – responsible for undertaking MoV studies to assist in reviewing operational procedures and improving efficiency
● All other personnel who have an interest or responsibility for Management of Value within their organisation