Level 2 OHC Course (Regina March 25 & 26, 2020)
We are transitioning to a paperless delivery model, beginning with using electronic versions of the Act and Regulations in the classroom.
Participants are asked to download the Act & Regulations to their tablet, e-reader, laptop or similar device ahead of time and bring it with them to class. Phones are not recommended due to screen size and the amount of class time spent utilizing the devices. Paper copies of the Act and Regs will now be available in the classroom for reference only for those who do not have a device or prefer to use a book.
We have consolidated the Sask Employment Act 2014, OHS Regularions 1996, WHIMS 2015 regs and Prime Contractor regs into a single document, which can be downloaded here:
Level 2 Occupational Health Committee (OHC) Course is a course for OHC Co-Chairpersons and occupational health and safety representatives (Reps), although all OHC members would benefit from attending. By the end of this two day course, participants will know how to:
- Plan and conduct an OHC workplace inspection
- Identify and assess deficiencies during OHC workplace inspections
- Identify and recommend corrective actions to address deficiencies found during OHC workplace inspections
- Fulfill their regulatory requirement to investigate workplace accidents and dangerous occurrences
- Collect and analyze evidence during an investigation
- Identify and assess; direct, indirect and root causes of workplace accidents and dangerous occurrences
- How to Identify and recommend corrective actions to prevent recurrence of workplace accidents and dangerous occurrences
Pre-requisite for attending this course is Level I Occupational Health Committee Training
A critical component of this course derives from attendance and active participation in class. Attendees and employers must commit to full attendance, as missing class time due to late arrivals or absences during the session may result in an attendee being asked to withdraw and re-register in a future session.
Participants can park in the Rose Street parkade for a subsidized rate. You must take a ticket from the machine upon entry of the parkade and BRING IT WITH YOU TO CLASS. At the end of the day, the instructor will exchange your ticket for one provided by the Delta. You will use this new ticket to pay for your parking at the end of each class day. Parking for participants is $4/day by cash or credit payable at the parking kiosks.
* NOTE: Lunch is not provided.
** The WCB collects your email address in order to confirm your registration and provide updates on this event
Level 2 Occupational Health Committee Training is also available online. To receive the equivalent of Level 2 Occupational Health Committee Classroom Training participants must successfully complete both the Workplace Inspection Online Training Course and the Workplace Incident Investigation Online Training Course.