CANCELLED: Level 1 OHC Course (Regina May 26 & 27, 2020)
We are transitioning to a paperless delivery model, beginning with using electronic versions of the Act and Regulations in the classroom.
Participants are asked to download the Act & Regulations to their tablet, e-reader, laptop or similar device ahead of time and bring it with them to class. Phones are not recommended due to screen size and the amount of class time utilizing the devices. Paper copies of the Act and Regs will now be available in the classroom for reference only for those who do not have a device or prefer to use a book.
We have consolidated the Sask Employment Act 2014, OHS Regularions 1996, WHIMS 2015 regs and Prime Contractor regs into a single document, which can be downloaded here:
Level 1 Occupational Health Committee (OHC) Course is an introductory course for OHC members and occupational health and safety representatives (Reps). By the end of this two day course, OHC members and Reps will know:
- How to locate relevant information in Saskatchewan Occupational Health and Safety legislation to address occupational health and safety (OHS) issues in their workplace.
- The requirements for establishing and operating an effective OHC.
- The duties and role of the OHC within the OHS Workplace Responsibility System.
- How to identify and assess workplace hazards.
- How to identify and recommend corrective actions to control workplace hazards.
- How to handle OHS concerns and investigate refusals to work.
There is no pre-requisite for attending this course.
A critical component of this course derives from attendance and active participation in class. Participants and employers must commit to full attendance, as missing class time due to late arrivals or absences during the session may result in a participant being asked to withdraw and re-register in a future session.
Participants can park in the Delta Mariott parkade for a subsidized rate of $4 per day. Please note that there are two Delta parking entrances. The one participants are to use is at the corner of Rose St & Saskatchewan Dr, about 100 m past the main Delta entrance and hotel guest parking ramp.
You must take a ticket from the machine upon entry of the parkade and BRING IT WITH YOU TO CLASS. At the end of the day, the instructor will exchange your ticket for one provided by the Delta. You will use this new ticket to pay for your parking at the end of each class day. Parking payable at the parking kiosks.
* NOTE: Lunch is not provided.
** The WCB collects your email in order to confirm your training registration and provide updates on this event.