Leading SAFe® Certification Training in Ottawa, Canada
About this Course
During this two-day course, attendees will gain the knowledge necessary to lead a Lean-Agile enterprise by leveraging the Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe®), and its underlying principles derived from Lean, systems thinking, Agile development, product development flow, and DevOps. They will discuss the five competencies needed to become a Lean Enterprise. They will also learn and practice the skills for supporting and executing PI Planning events, and coordinating multiple Agile Release Trains (ARTs).
Attendees will gain an understanding of the Lean-Agile mindset, why it’s so effective in today’s adapt-or-die marketplace, and what it means to lead a Lean-Agile transformation. They’ll also learn how to build and support Agile teams and programs, empower a Lean Portfolio, build a Continuous Delivery Pipeline and DevOps culture, and coordinate large solutions. They will develop a skillset that’s in demand worldwide—and empower their enterprises to succeed in a disruptive marketplace—when they become a SAFe® 4 Agilist (SA).
Attending the class prepares individuals to take the exam and become a certified SAFe® Agilist (SA)
To perform the role of a SAFe® Agilist, attendees should be able to:
- Understand the Five Core Competencies of the Lean Enterprise
- Become a Lean-thinking manager-teacher
- Apply the values and principles of a Lean-Agile Mindset
- Apply SAFe’s Lean and Agile principles to the roles and practices of SAFe
- Create high-performing teams by establishing mission and purpose
- Lead the transformation with the SAFe Implementation Roadmap
- Support PI Planning and the events associated with successful Program execution
- Drive Release on Demand with the Continuous Delivery Pipeline
- Establish alignment and execution with Strategic Themes and Lean Portfolio Management
- Coordinate multiple Agile Release Trains and suppliers with a Solution Train
- Introducing the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Becoming a Lean-Agile Leader
- Establishing Team and Technical Agility
- Experiencing Program Increment (PI) Planning
- Releasing on Demand with DevOps
- Building Business Solutions and Lean Systems
- Implementing Lean Portfolio Management
- Leading the transformation
What Attendees Get
The class registration includes:
- Attendee workbook
- Preparation and eligibility to take the SAFe® 4 Agilist exam
- One year membership to the SAFe Community Platform
- Course certificate of completion
Attendees must attend both days of the course in order to be eligible for the exam.
Who will benefit?
The following individuals will benefit from this course:
- Executives and Leaders, Managers, Directors, CIOs, and VPs
- Development, QA, and Infrastructure Management
- Program and Project Managers
- Product and Product Line Management
- Portfolio Managers, PMO, and Process Leads
- Enterprise, System, and Solution Architects
All are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience. However, the following prerequisites are highly recommended for those who intend to take the SAFe® 4 Agilist (SA) certification exam:
- 5+ years’ experience in software development, testing, business analysis, product, or project management
- Experience in Scrum
SAFe Certification Kit
Attendees who pass the certification exam will receive:
- SAFe Agilist certificate
- A SAFe 4 Agilist digital badge to promote your accomplishment online
- A one-year certified membership as a SAFe Agilist, which includes access to the SA Community of Practice
- A SAFe Agilist certification usage guide with SA certification marks
- Access to a variety of learning resources to support certified professionals during their SAFe journey
Professional Development Units (PDUs) and Scrum Education Units (SEUs)
Attendees may be eligible to apply for 15 PDUs toward their continuing education requirements with the Project Management Institute (PMI) for PMP, PgMP, and PMI-ACP certifications.
Attendees may be eligible to apply for SEUs under Category C, toward earning or renewing their CSP through Scrum Alliance.
Samer Hawwa, MSc, SPC, PMI-ACP, PSM II, PSPO
Senior Agile Coach | SAFe® Coach & Advisor
Samer Hawwa is an experienced agile transformation consultant with deep lean-agile expertise and an extensive history of working with multinational enterprise customers. As a SAFe® Coach & Advisor, Samer helps organizations plan, prepare, and execute successful SAFe® transformation, leading and coaching all levels of an organization through a Lean-Agile transformation at scale by training, coaching, facilitating, and mentoring. Samer is an experienced Leading SAFe® trainer for Executives, Managers and Leaders. Samer experience in SAFe implementation and agile transformation at scale brings great insights to his training.
"Great coach, Samer help me to pass the leading SAFe. A pragmatic approach, focus on people with a lot of real life example, this is the key for Samer. Samer can definitively help on your Agile transformation."
"I had the pleasure of receiving Scrum and Leading SAFe training from Samer. He provided great insight into these diverse agile practices with real life examples. It was instrumental in my understanding of SAFe.
"I had the pleasure to work with Samer on my Agile projects. He is an inspiring coach who takes the time to understand the needs of stakeholders and finds the best examples to explain complex concepts. Samer was also my trainer for the Leading SAFe course. Following that session, many of us got certified; thanks to him. I would strongly recommend Samer to any company transitioning to Agility or SAFe and looking for an experienced Agile coach."
"Samer is very knowledgeable, dynamic and encourages his trainees to always proceed with the next steps towards their Agile career development."
"I had the opportunity to have Samer as a Coach and helped me become a SAFe certified agilist. He also helped face some challenges I had as a ScrumMaster with my teams."
"I am grateful to have taken his Scaled Agile Framework SAFe class. It has helped me gain a profound understanding of how to manage large IT implementations for large companies, governments, and multi-sector innovation projects."
"I had the pleasure of attending the Leading SAFe course organized and given by Samer. I really appreciated the approach Samer took, the interactions and the workshops done in class. He has great presentation skills, gives examples from real life experiences and facilitates interaction in a great way."
"It was a great pleasure to participate in one of Samer Hawwa's training classes as part of the preparation towards my SAFe Agilist (SA) certification. Samer is a great coach and he uses a personalized and pragmatic approach in his class, he has great presentation skills and leverages interactive exercices to facilitate the understanding of SAFe notions."
"Samer is an awesome SAFe instructor. He has a methodology which makes easy to understand. I’ve got my SAFe certification (93%scored)"
"Samer is a great SAFe-Agile coach with excellent knowledge, experience and skills. I had the opportunity to attend his training on leading SAFe (Scaled Agile) and it was very informative, dynamic and rewarding. I will definitely apply these new Agile concept at work."