Leading SAFe 5.0 Training with SAFe Agilist Certification, Toronto, Canada
*** Workshop conducted by an expert trainer, who also provides advanced SAFe training ***
This course will prepare you to achieve SAFe Agilist (SA) certification, master skillsets that are in demand worldwide, and empower your enterprise to succeed in today's disruptive marketplace.
About this Course
During this two-day course, attendees will gain the knowledge necessary to lead a Lean-Agile enterprise by leveraging the Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe®), and its underlying principles derived from Lean, systems thinking, Agile development, product development flow, and DevOps. They will discuss the five competencies needed to become a Lean Enterprise. They will also learn and practice the skills for supporting and executing PI Planning events, and coordinating multiple Agile Release Trains (ARTs).
Attendees will gain an understanding of the Lean-Agile mindset, why it’s so effective in today’s adapt-or-die marketplace, and what it means to lead a Lean-Agile transformation. They’ll also learn how to build and support Agile teams and programs, empower a Lean Portfolio, build a Continuous Delivery Pipeline and DevOps culture, and coordinate large solutions. They will develop a skillset that’s in demand worldwide—and empower their enterprises to succeed in a disruptive marketplace—when they become a SAFe® 5 Agilist (SA).
Attending the class prepares individuals to take the exam and become a certified SAFe® Agilist (SA)
To perform the role of a SAFe® Agilist, attendees should be able to:
- Understand the 7 Core Competencies of the Lean Enterprise
- Become a Lean-thinking manager-teacher
- Apply the values and principles of a Lean-Agile Mindset
- Apply SAFe’s Lean and Agile principles to the roles and practices of SAFe
- Create high-performing teams by establishing mission and purpose
- Lead the transformation with the SAFe Implementation Roadmap
- Support PI Planning and the events associated with successful Program execution
- Drive Release on Demand with the Continuous Delivery Pipeline
- Establish alignment and execution with Strategic Themes and Lean Portfolio Management
- Coordinate multiple Agile Release Trains and suppliers with a Solution Train
- Introducing the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Becoming a Lean-Agile Leader
- Establishing Team and Technical Agility
- Experiencing Program Increment (PI) Planning
- Releasing on Demand with DevOps
- Building Business Solutions and Lean Systems
- Implementing Lean Portfolio Management
- Leading the transformation
What You Get
The class registration includes:
- Attendee workbook
- Preparation and eligibility to take the SAFe® 5 Agilist exam
- One year membership to the SAFe Community Platform
- Course certificate of completion
Attendees must attend both days of the course in order to be eligible for the exam.
Who Will Benefit?
The following individuals will benefit from this course:
- Executives and Leaders, Managers, Directors, CIOs, and VPs
- Development, QA, and Infrastructure Management
- Program and Project Managers
- Product and Product Line Management
- Portfolio Managers, PMO, and Process Leads
- Enterprise, System, and Solution Architects
All are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience. However, the following prerequisites are highly recommended for those who intend to take the SAFe® 5 Agilist (SA) certification exam:
- 5+ years’ experience in software development, testing, business analysis, product, or project management
- Experience in Scrum
SAFe Certification Kit
Attendees who pass the certification exam will receive:
- SAFe Agilist certificate
- A SAFe 5 Agilist digital badge to promote your accomplishment online
- A one-year certified membership as a SAFe Agilist, which includes access to the SA Community of Practice
- A SAFe Agilist certification usage guide with SA certification marks
- Access to a variety of learning resources to support certified professionals during their SAFe journey
Professional Development Units (PDUs) and Scrum Education Units (SEUs)
Attendees may be eligible to apply for 15 PDUs toward their continuing education requirements with the Project Management Institute (PMI) for PMP, PgMP, and PMI-ACP certifications.
Attendees may be eligible to apply for SEUs under Category C, toward earning or renewing their CSP through Scrum Alliance.
*** Depending on total number registrations, we may change the training venue to the nearby area of the published location ***
In the event a participant wishes to cancel registration, refund will be issued for cancellations greater than 15 days from the start of the course. For cancellations 15 days or less from the start of the course, registrants may change to future course or different location of equal or lesser value.
All classes are not guaranteed to make. Classes can be cancelled due to low enrollment or any unforeseen reason. The Daily Agile is not responsible for any kind of reimbursements for travel expenses due to cancelled classes. We recommend that you contact us for course status before booking any travel accommodations. In the event a class is cancelled by Daily Agile, all ticket holders are entitled to a full refund for their ticket purchase.
Instructor: Manish Thakkar (SPC, CSM, PMP, MS-IT)
Manish Thakkar, a SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework) Program Consultant with 20 plus years of experience in global IT application development and leadership, offers SAFe certification training and coaching in Agile practices for superior product development, in both IT and Non-IT organizations. Manish’s training delivery consistently meets the goal of providing world class training and guidance to help organizations achieve higher levels of software quality, and team productivity, while increasing your customer satisfaction.
Manish has an extensive experience in Information Technology projects and he has progressively advanced into leading large, complex and strategic initiatives. Manish brings in a wealth of global experience from wide variety of industries including Financial, Insurance, Consulting, Healthcare, Pharmaceutical, Retail, Sales and Marketing.
Manish also holds CSM (Certified Scrum Master), PMI-ACP (Agile Certified Practitioner), and PMP (Project Management Professional) and a degree in Masters of Computing (Information Technology) from Australia.
"Manish is an amazing SAFe instructor. His understanding of the subject and delivery with a diverse group of members was great. Manish was detailed, with real-life examples in delivering the course content while being patient with the many questions and examples of our own from various lines of business. I would highly recommend Manish for SAFe training. Thank you Manish."
"Manish is an excellent instructor. Having been a Senior Scrum Master for a while, I was very impressed with his depth of knowledge & experience. He was able to discuss both Theory & practice equally well that kept the class engaging. I'll surely be going back to take more courses with Manish in the future."
"Manish led a great 2-day intensive Leading SAFe 4.5 course which I attended recently. I have a lot of experience as an Agile coach and was a little weary of my time being wasted, especially on a weekend and on my coin. But thanks to Manish's in depth knowledge, his ability to adjust time spent on topics based on the audience, his impressive time management and his willingness for the class to get into some free-form discussions where we shared experiences of things that worked or didn't work, I was not only not dissapointed but really felt it was time well spent. I have extensive training experience myself and give Manish high marks for his skills and recommend him for any SAFe training (or any other training on any topic he is well versed in)."
"I took "SAFe Agilist (Leading SAFe for Leaders and Managers)" training with Manish. Taking training with Manish was an excellent experience. Manish is very knowledgeable and have a very strong presentation skills. He is very dedicated and committed to his students during and after the training until they get certified. Manish conducted the demos required in the curriculum, linking the explained topics and broadening our horizons. I highly recommend taking training with him."