Ladies Learning Code: HTML & CSS for Beginners: Learn to Build a Multi-Page Website from Scratch - Hamilton
Why learn HTML & CSS?
If you are looking to get your feet wet when it comes to programming, then this is the workshop for you. HTML and CSS are the backbone of all websites, and knowledge of them is a necessity if you are interested in things like web development, creating marketing emails, or even blogging! The web without HTML and CSS would be would be a world without colourful, pretty websites, not to mention the web applications we all use daily. It’s easy to learn, and was designed so that everyone - even non-programmers - can do it. No fancy programs are needed, just a text editor and a web browser!
The Ladies Learning Code Introduction to HTML & CSS workshop is designed to be a hands-on experience. During the session, you'll build something like this and learn the following:
- Basic techniques and concepts that are translatable to other programming languages
- The building blocks of how HTML and CSS work together to create richer online experiences
- How to create a website with images, video, and a CSS-defined layout
- How to create a beautiful multi-page website -
- What resources are available if you’d like to continue learning at home (and we think you will)
Who is this for?
Our Ladies Learning Code workshops offer female-identified and male-identified, trans, and non-binary adults hands-on, project-based learning experiences that are designed to give beginners the skills and confidence they need to become digital creators.
None! This workshop is designed for beginners.
A computer will be provided for this workshop!
Note: If you do not have a laptop to use during the duration of the workshop, we have a limited quantity that we can loan out. The option to borrow a laptop will be included in your order form when registering.
Hope to see you soon!
If for some reason you can't make it, check out our