The Journey to DevSecOps
Are you using containers, Kubernetes, Jenkins and other DevOps best practices to increase development scale and speed? Worried that traditional security gates could slow you down? Join us to experience the journey from DevOps to DevSecOps.
Learn how to build security throughout the DevOps lifecycle in this free, half-day workshop with teams from Trend Micro and Snyk.
Through hands-on instruction and live hacking, you’ll learn how to develop fast and achieve complete visibility, vulnerability protection and remediation.
You’ll leave knowing how to get started with new processes, tools and practices that sustain fast development iterations and minimize risk.
Learning techniques that can easily apply across other platforms and technologies, in this workshop you will:
- Build a delivery pipeline with security baked in from start to finish
- Scan in the pipeline and use policies (reject or fix) to enforce security in the pipeline
- Use a developer-friendly tool to find and fix vulnerabilities at the source during the development within the IDE (VS code) Git repository (GitLab, GitHub or Bitbucket) and as part of the CI/CD pipeline (Jenkins, CircleCI, TeamCity)
- Find and fix vulnerabilities in the platform and operations systems on container images within CI/CD (Jenkins) and container registries (AWS ECR)
- Protect vulnerabilities so that they can are be prioritized for fixes
This workshop is open to all developers, SRE, security architects, applications architects, and DevOps professionals. Attendees with current or upcoming DevOps initiatives will find the most benefit from the discussion and labs.
Please bring your laptop to participate in the hands-on labs portion of the workshop.
March 26th, 2020 from 10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Lunch will be provided.