Introduction to Photography (Langley)
Introductory Photography is an 8-week course guaranteed to give you a solid foundation in the basics of photography, equipping you with the knowledge and understanding to launch you on your own journey. Every session includes detailed instruction (with complete notes and examples provided), practice opportunities (bring your camera gear), review of images made by students, and more. Two Saturday field trips included (February 8 & March 7) for a total of 10 sessions. The first four sessions go into complete detail on the basics of exposure (aperture, shutter speed and ISO) as well as learning what all the buttons and dials on your camera and lenses are for. The second four sessions teach the principles of creating dynamic compositions, giving your the tools to create powerful landscapes and portraits. The course includes a teaching assistant so you always get the help you need.
A few comments from participants earlier this year:
- Dennis I can’t thank you enough! You made what I thought would be overwhelming and difficult to learn easy to understand and exciting to learn! Your teaching style is so easy to follow and your passion for photography made your class such a pleasure to take! I am SO glad I found your class and I can’t wait to register for the intermediate class so I can continue following my passion! ~ Jessa
- I began this course knowing only how to shoot on Auto mode. I've never used Auto since. What I learned through the course opened up a whole new world to me and made taking photographs exciting and fun. I just want to learn more. I have already told my friends to sign up. ~ Brenda
- Dennis not only teaches you how to use a camera but imparts his passion and love of photography. The course is fun, and has caused me to pause in my daily life to appreciate the extraordinary in people and my surroundings that before I may not have noticed. ~Gail
- I highly recommend this course! Dennis is an excellent teacher and his material and notes are very complete and well organized. The lesson topics cover a huge range of types of photography. I learned so much, but never felt stressed or overwhelmed. Dennis makes it fun, while still ensuring that content gets covered. He incorporates many opportunities for practice and his homework reinforces new learning. He is always open to questions and responds promptly to emails. There is excellent support provided, no matter what brand of camera you own. ~ Barb
What should I bring to each class?
Bring your camera and lens and camera manual. You may also want a pen and notebook.
Where can I find out more about the course?
What do previous students say about the course?
What's the refund policy?
- A refund is cheerfully provided if requested more than 30 days prior to the first class (less a $20 transaction fee).
- With less than 30 days, refunds are only possible if your space can be filled from a wait list. However, you may sell your space to someone else.
- Once the couse begins, no refunds or future course credits are possible.