Introduction to DevOps - For Recruiters, Venture Analysts, New Grads (Tech Bootcamp)-Calgary
Introduction to DevOps - For Recruiters, Venture Analysts (Tech Bootcamp)
Due to ongoing COVID-19 Coronavirus issues, this event will be held online ( zoom ). The URL will be sent to participants.
This is part 2 of the Introduction to Tech series. Learn more at:
Working with Tech resources when you're not technical has its own challenges. Tech recruitment has always been hard; moreover, the current Tech landscape has made it even harder. Nowadays technology is faster than ever and having a meaningful conversation with Developer resources and the hiring manager is the key to success for any technical recruiter.
We present to you the workshop which will be taught by a professional developer. The program works on demystifying the technical jargon and then gives you a sense of understanding of how actually a software development team works (Dev, PM, QA, and Ops).
Our professionals use a combination of techniques to provide the best experience for the participants. We don’t bore you with long descriptive lectures. Our main aim is to focus on the transfer of knowledge with playful activities and quizzes to help you live through the workshop.
So, get yourself ready and register with us to attend this BootCamp. No special equipment is needed though. You are requested to carry your laptops along, and we'll provide the wi-fi facility.
What is DevOps?
DevOps is not a tool but rather a set of principles and philosophies that can be used to achieve the following objectives ( Software Dev pipeline ):
- To reduce organization silos
- Implement gradual and small changes
- Implement tooling and automation
- Accept failures and address them so that same failure doesn’t happen again
- Introduction to DevOps methodologies
- Introduction to Agile and driving force behind Modern DevOps
- CI/CD Pipeline - Automating Software Development in Agile world ( Jenkins, TeamCity, Maven )
- Test Automation: Sonarcube, Selenium and Role of Jenkins
- Infrastructure as Code and Configuration Management : Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Saltstack, Terraform, CloudFormation
- Rise of Containers : Containerization with Docker, Kubernetes
- Monitoring Tools: Continuous monitoring with Nagios, Grafana, ELK Stack
- Cloud on DevOps
- Buzzwords: Kafka, NoSQL, Elasticsearch, Nifi, Azure, Serverless, Lambda
This Bootcamp will be resourceful to:
- Recruiters & Talent Advisers looking to advance their knowledge of tech hiring.
- Venture Capital Analysts, who wants to get deep understanding about Cloud and AI to stay ahead in their investment game
- HR professionals who want to better understand their business units
- HR students looking to break into recruiting in startups and/or tech companies
Have a look at the Past Students Testimonials by clicking on the link here:
Harsh Doshi ( Hays ): Had an amazing time attending this Bootcamp and learning about technology. Thank you Chandan Kumar and Saamer Mansoor for great sessions . .
Una Karanovic ( Hays ): Our IT contracting team in had a great experience attending a Tech BootCamp recently at beCloudReady. They learn more about technical terms and the IT functions to support our candidates and clients better.
Dan Kurtz ( The Delivery Group ) Thank you very much for sending these over and thank you very much for the informative training on Saturday! I will highly recommend recruiters to come to your sessions.
Lulwa Saffarini : Thank you for giving a valuable workshop for us Saturday 11 Jan 2020
By registering and attending this event, you consent to be photographed, filmed and/or otherwise recorded. The attendance of this event constitutes your consent to such photography. Also, any of the filming and/or recording and to any use, in any and all media throughout the universe in perpetuity, of your appearance, voice, and name for any purpose whatsoever will be in connection with the organizations presently entitled: beCloudReady
All the photography, filming and/or recording will be done in reliance on this consent given by you by attending this event.
If you do not agree with the foregoing, please let us know directly.
For more info: checkout our meetup page:
LinkedIn event Page:
Checkout our Analytics Solutions: