Healing Your Life Ayurvedic Wellness Program
In this six week series, learn how to apply Ayurvedic principles to your unique constitution to promote health and balance.
Ayurveda is the holistic healing science which originated in India over 5000 years ago, and encompasses the mind, body, and spirit. Ayurveda addresses healing at the root in the digestive system, and recognizes that everything we take in through the senses contributes to our state of health.
You will learn basic Ayurvedic concepts, the nature of your constitution and imbalances, and how to tailor your diet and self care practices to your unique life. You will also learn Ayurvedic hygiene practices, like Neti Pot and Eye wash, as well as Abhyanga (Ayurvedic Self Massage). Other topics covered include meditation, aromatherapy, healing through sound and vision, and healing through food. There will be special guests on a few dates who will show us a unique perspective on the day's topics.
Monday nights for six weeks, from 6:00PM - 8:30PM
February 17: The Cause of Disease & Suffering, and Your Ayurvedic Constitution.
- Learn the framework Ayurveda uses to understand existence, cause, and effect.
- Learn about the Ayurvedic mind-body constitutions and how that applies to you.
- Learn Your Ayurvedic Constitution
February 24: Constitution, Personality, the Mind, and the Nature of Your Imbalance
- Learn about the different states of imbalance, and where you fit within this framework.
- Ayurvedic Imbalance Quiz / Learn about your imbalances
- Neti Pot
March 2: Healing Your Life Through Food
- Learn how to manage imbalances through food and how this applies to your life
- Food Tasting & Discussion
March 9: Healing Your Life Through Touch and the Rhythms of Daily Life
- Learn how different types of touch affect the different mind-body constitutions
- Learn how to structure your life to be in sync with nature and bring balance to your constitution
- Learn Ayurvedic Self Massage
- Special Guest Hannah Hayes will be speaking about Fascia and Fascial Stretch Therapy
March 16: Healing Your Life Through Aromatherapy and Vision
- Learn how to use Aromatherapy to bring balance
- Learn how to use Vision to bring balance
- Make an aromatherapy spray
- Color meditation
- Eye wash
- Special Guest Sasha Chiles will be speaking about Personalized Essential Oil Blends and Essential Oil Safety
March 23: Healing Your Life Through Sound and Final Q&A
- Learn how sound affects your mind-body constitution, and how to use sound for healing
- Learn the impact of our sound space: words, music, and mantra
- Music activity
- Special Guest Kat Halushka from Profitable Impact Academy will speak to us about connection and making an impact with words
- Six Classes
- Book: Healing Your Life, Lessons on the Path of Ayurveda by Dr. Marc Halpern
- Neti Pot & Saline
- Eye Cup & Rosewater Eye Wash
- Aromatherapy Bottle
- Massage Oil
- Tongue Scraper
At the end of this series, you will have a great understanding of Ayurveda. You will be inspired to take your health into your own hands. The Ayurvedic perspective will allow you to advocate for your health, because you will understand what your body needs and when.
Come with comfortable clothes, your note pad & pens, a water bottle, and an eager attitude to learn!!!