HDI Desktop Support Technician 2 Days Training in Montreal
Desktop support professionals spend much of the day visiting customers at their workstations or home offices, providing technical support for many desktop systems. HDI Desktop Support Technician (HDI-DST) training focuses on key support center Processes and concepts to improve overall support operations, as well as customer service and interpersonal skills that improve the customer’s experience.
Unit 1 : Support Center Overview
● The Evolution the Support Center
● The Role of Desktop Support Technician
● The Support Center’s Role in the Business
Unit 2 : Strategic Framework
● Strategic Perspective
● Service Level Agreement
● Standard Operating Procedures
● Business Alignment
Unit 3 : Service Delivery Methods and Technology
● Service Delivery Methods
● Telephony Systems
● Service Management Systems
Unit 4 : Support Center Processes and Operations
● IT Service Management
● ITIL Service Support
● Security Management
● Knowledge Management
● Quality Assurance
Unit 5 : Call Handling Procedures
● Total Contact Ownership
● Procedures for Call Handling
● Procedures for OnSite Visits
Unit 6 : Communication Skills
● The Communication Process
● Cultural Sensitivity
● Vocal Elements
● Active Listening
● Body Language
● Incident Documentation
● Writing Skills
Unit 7 : Problem-Solving and Troubleshooting Skills
● Problem-Solving and Types of Thinking
● Questioning Skills
● Solve Incidents with IMPACT
● Additional Customer Service Skills
● Root Cause Analysis
Unit 8 : Maximizing Effectiveness
● Your Customer’s Psychological Needs
● Handling Conflict
● Difficult Customer Behaviors
● Stress Management
● The Power of a Service Attitude
● Managing Your Time
● Proven techniques for improving on-site customer interaction.
● How service level agreements impact workflow and prioritization of requests.
● Seven key steps for effective root cause analysis.
● The ITIL Processes of incident, problem, change, release, asset, and configuration Management.
● An overview of security Management and knowledge Management.
● Essential time Management and problem-solving skills.
● Effective strategies for managing difficult customers.
● Support Center Overview
● Strategic Framework
● Support Delivery Methods and Technology
● Support Center Processes and Operations
● Call Handling Procedures
● Communication Skills
● Problem Solving and troubleshooting skills
● Maximizing Effectiveness
Who can Attend?
● Technical support professionals who provide in-person support to internal employees, remote workers, or external customers and require skills specific to this unique form of customer contact.
● Individuals who are preparing for the HDI Desktop Support Technician certification exam.