HANDS DOWN THE BEST Introduction to Power BI and DAX - Virtual Edmonton 2 Day
This online instructor-led two-day course introduces users to the fundamentals of Power BI and DAX in a hands-on and interactive environment. Throughout the course, students will be guided through an end to end solution using a combination of lectures and hands-on labs to reinforce concepts. Students will learn how to:
- Import data into a solution, transform, and cleanse data using Power Query Editor.
- Build a well-formed data model that is optimized and ready for flexible self-service reporting.
- Enhance the model using by applying introductory DAX.
- Build, publish, and share visualizations with end-users using the various methods available in the Power BI suite of products.
This course is for Business Analysts, IT Users, and others that are interested in learning how to elevate their data analytics techniques using Power BI. We will teach how to develop efficient data analytics and further utilize visualizations in your organization.
For more course information and details, visit
About the Instructors
Chris Sorensen, MCSE (Data Management and Analytics) and MCT, is the Founder and President of Iteration Insights based in Calgary, Alberta. He is a consultant, architect, educator, author, and coach that has been working in the Analytics space for nearly 20 years. Over his career, he has provided strategic and architectural advisory services to many clients. Most recently, Chris has lead several projects in Microsoft Power BI and Excel PowerPivot. He has evangelized both Excel and Power BI with Microsoft since July 2015 and is the author of the
- Early Bird Savings of $124/seat ends May 18, 2020, at 11:30 pm.
- Groups of 3 or more receive a discount of 20% of the currently available ticket price. Please contact for discount code.
Job Grant Eligibility
Combine this course with our
- Introductions and Setup
- Power BI Overview
- Dive into Power BI Desktop
- Exploring Data Sources
- Importing Data using Power Query
- Modelling Data
- Introduction to DAX
- Other Optimization Techniques
- Visualizing Data using the Desktop
- Other features that enrich the end-user experience
- Publishing to the Service
- Dive into Power BI Service
- Visualizing Data
- Building Dashboards
- Sharing Visualizations
- Additional Service Functionality
- Integration with Excel
- Other Power BI Resources
- Power BI Administration Concepts
- Power BI Community Resources
Power BI, DAX, Power Query, Data Modelling, Data Visualizations
Filming and Photography may take place; please read our