Fundamentals of Tracheostomy Care - Jan 24
Fundamentals of Tracheostomy Care
The goal of this full-day course is to provide home health care providers with up-to-date knowledge and skills regarding community-based tracheostomy care of children and adults who are medically fragile.
This course will involve a combination of didactic, skills stations, and scenario-based learning.
(1) RN, RPN, RRT, GRT, or PSW and (2) completion of pre-course reading.
The textbook for this course is “Optimizing Respiratory Therapy Services: A Continuum of Care from Hospital to Home”.It is available as a PDF file free of charge through the College of Respiratory Therapists of Ontario. Please follow this link to access this resource:
Please review as much of this textbook as possible prior to the course, as it will enhance your knowledge and understanding during the course. Participants will be required to pass a multiple-choice examination at the end of the course.
Please note that the following Cancellation Policy applies to this course:
• Requests to withdraw from a course (cancel registration) can only be completed through the Eventbrite registration system. Please go to
• Refunds will be made according to the date of the request based on the following timelines:
More than 3 weeks before the start of the course = 100% of tuition will be refunded
Between 2-3 weeks before the start of the course = 75% of tuition will be refunded
Less than 2 weeks, but more than 1 week before the start of the course = 50% of tuition will be refunded
1 week or less before the start of the course = No refund
Please note that the registration processing fee was paid to Eventbrite and it subject to their refund policy,
• If you are unable to attend the course, a friend or colleague can be substituted in your place at no additional charge.
• To transfer to an alternate course date, you must withdraw from the course that you originally registered for and complete the registration process for the course date that you want to attend. Course withdrawal conditions listed above apply.
• No refunds will be issued for withdrawals requested 1 week or less prior to a course. No refunds will be given for “no shows”.