Emotional Intelligence Training in Ottawa on Jul 12th 2018
Emotional intelligence describes the ability to understand one"s own feelings. It also provides great insight on how emotion influences motivation and behavior. The concepts of Emotional Intelligence have been around since the early 20th century, but the term was first introduced by Wayne Payne in 1985.
With our Emotional Intelligence workshop your participants will gain a better understanding of self-management and self-awareness. This in turn will give them better insight and control over their actions and emotions. With a greater understanding of emotions your participant"s will experience a positive impact on their professional and personal lives.
Module One:What is Emotional Intelligence
- Self Management
- Self Awareness
- Self Regulation
- Self Motivation
Module Two:Four Skills in Emotional Intelligence
- How to Accurately Perceive Emotions
- Use Emotions to Facilitate Thinking
- Understand Emotional Meanings
- Manage Emotions
Module Three:Verbal Communication Skills
- Focused Listening
- Asking Questions
- Communicating with Flexibility and Authenticity
Module Four:Non-Verbal Communication Skills
- Body Language
- The Signals You Send to Others
- It"s Not What You Say, It"s How You Say It
Module Five:Social Management and Responsibility
- Benefits of Emotional Intelligence
- Articulate your Emotions Using Language.
Module Six:Tools to Regulate Your Emotions
- Seeing the Other Side
- Self Management and Self Awareness
- Giving in Without Giving Up
Module Seven:Gaining Control
- Using Coping Thoughts
- Using Relaxation Techniques
- Bringing it All Together
Module Eight:Business Practices (I)
- Understand Emotions and How to Manage Them in the Workplace
- Role of Emotional Intelligence at Work
- Disagreeing Constructively
Module Nine:Business Practices (II)
- The Balance Between Optimism & Pessimism
Module Ten:Making an Impact
- Creating a Powerful First Impression
- Assessing a Situation
- Being Zealous without Being Offensive
Module Eleven:Wrapping Up
- Words from the Wise
- Review of Parking Lot
- Lessons Learned
- Completion of Action Plans and Evaluations
- Understand Emotional Intelligence competency framework.
- Assess and understand current Emotional Intelligence level.
- Understand technique for being highly positive and energetic.
- Understand how emotions can influence thoughts, goals, relationships, decision making ability, etc.
- Undertsand importance of high expectations and pressure and how to go through it.
- Understand how to be emotionally strong person, who can handle emotions.
- Understand how to be a responsible person, who do not beleive in blame/complain.
- Understand techniques to develop your emotional intelligence on the job.
What can/can't I bring to the event?
Open mind and lots of energy
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Email: email@example.com PH: 469-666-9332
Is my registration/ticket transferrable?
Yes, you may transfer your ticket to other participants 7 days prior to the class.
Can I update my registration information?
Yes, you will be able to change your e-mail or name during the class.
What is the refund policy?
Please refer to: www.mangates.com
The name on the registration/ticket doesn't match the attendee. Is that okay?
Yes, we will be able to change it during the class.
For more details visit
Regus Ottawa Address: 343 Preston St, Ottawa, ON K1S 1N4, Canada, Ottawa, ON, Canada