Dog Behaviour and Training Methodology Certificate - September 2020
If you have been considering a career with dogs, this is the course to get you started! Through this course, our goal is to ensure you receive quality, current information on dog behaviour, dog body language, current training techniques and, of course, dealing with people.
The Edmonton Humane Society is the best facility for you to view many dog behaviour issues, while giving you access to experts who work with them. A high percentage of owners relinquish their dogs to shelters due to behaviour concerns. And most of these issues are manageable!
Opportunities in the course will include the following: question-and-answer and discussion periods, hands-on training and behaviour modification, video sessions, and handouts and reference materials. Applicants must be a minimum of 18 years old and in good physical health, with a current tetanus vaccine.
The classroom part of this course is 6 weeks long, starting September 10, 2020. Classes are held every Monday and Thursday from 5:30-8:30pm. There will be no class on Oct. 12 for Thanksgiving. All of the practical hands-on pieces are more flexible for time!
Register to hold your spot now, or email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you may have.
***This course is for training dog trainers, so you are NOT to bring your own dog to the class with you! Dogs to work with and observe will be provided as needed**
Due to the COVD-19 pandemic, there will be a few extra precautions in place for this class:
- All clients will be required to wear masks while inside the building
- All clients are asked to maintain 6 foot social distancing from other clients at all times
- Clients are asked not to attend class if:
- They are experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19
- They have tested positive or are under investigation for possible COVID-19
- They are in the process of self-isolating for any reason
- Hand sanitizer is available throughout the building as well as from staff members by request.
- All communal surface and equipment are sanitized regularly
If you have any questions or concerns regarding out COVID-19 procedures, please contact out Training Academy at email@example.com.