Daily Mass - Friday 7pm
During this initial stage in the reintroduction of public celebration of the Holy Mass in the Diocese of Calgary, St. Joseph can only admit 50 people per Mass, this includes priest, volunteers and assigned cleaning staff. Registration is necessary during this stage to fulfil requirement from the Govt. of Alberta for contract tracing due to the pandemic.
If the Mass you want to attend is already full, kindly select a different Mass or have your name on the waitlist.
Before you attend, please note the following:
- SELF ASSESMENT: Use
AHS self-assessment tool prior to attending Mass. Remain at home and self isolate if you or anyone in your household is feeling sick.
- MASK & PHYSICAL DISTANCING: Please wear non-medical mask (fabric mask or disposable mask). Children under 2 years old are not required to wear a mask. Please wear throughout your stay in the church. Please maintain physical distancing of 2 metres between people who are not from the same household, at all times.
- ENTER/EXIT: Enter through the main doors of the Church only. Doors will open 30 minutes prior to each Mass. Exit through through the Garden Doors (right side of the stairs going down).
- ATTENDANCE: To speed up the process, show the volunteer your 'ticket' in print or on your mobile device, to speed up the process, answer some questions for verification. You will be asked inquiry questions re: COVID-19 symptoms.
- SANITIZING: Ushers will spray your hands before entering or exiting the church.
- CHILDREN: Children should remain with their parents or guardians at all times.
If you have to cancel your attendance, be sure to do so by clicking on the "view and manage your order online" link on your confirmation email. That way, we can give your spot to those in the waitlist.
Please note that the decree dispensing Catholics from the Sunday obligation from our Bishop remains. Catholics are not obliged to attend Mass and those who attend do so out of their own free will and prudential judgment.
We appreciate your continued patience and sacrifice.
Message from Bishop McGrattan on the Resumption of Mass Celebrated in Public.