Building Net Zero: Constructing Affordable STEP Buildings in the Okanagan
Building Net Zero is a one-day workshop designed to explore regional collaborations and opportunities in sustainable construction.
Join professionals across the building industry and discover how collaborations are achieving affordable building efficiency in the Okanagan region.
Learn about regional industry partnerships that support the development of energy efficient buildings, how research and training strengthens local collaborations, and explore opportunities and best practices in implementing BC Energy STEP Code.
This workshop is eligible for 4.5 points with BC Housing Registry Continuing Professional Development.
Advance registration is required as seating is limited. Refreshments and lunch will be provided.
**Please note this event is full. Please add your name to our wait list if you wish to be notified in the event of a cancellation.
7:30am - Registration
8:00am - Morning Session
- Welcome and Introduction
- ZEBx: Regional Experience in STEP Code Collaboration
- Local Experience with Energy Efficient Building
- StepWin Demonstration: Straightforward Energy Modeling for BC's Residential Builders
10:00am - Break
- Achieving Cost Effective Step Code Multi-Unit Buildings
- The Evolution of Sustainable Design and Construction Standards Applied to Institutional Buildings
- Life Cycle Thinking Based Green Construction: Research and Outcomes
- Sustainability through the Green Construction Research & Training Centre (GCRTC)
- Wilden Living Lab Demonstration: Improving Energy Efficiency in Buildings
- Panel Discussion: Opportunities in Regional Energy Step Code Implementation
12:00pm - Lunch
12:30pm - Afternoon Session
- High Performance Buildings: British Columbia Institute of Technology
- Moving the Regional Green Construction Industry Forward
1:15pm - Summary and Closing Remarks